SEMCAD X Matterhorn Release V16.2
This SEMCAD X release represents a breakthrough in efficiency. Thanks to its new GPU empowered sub-gridding method, simulations that were impossible to solve can now been solved in a few hours. After a year of devising the essential software infrastructure for the most advanced optimizers, SPEAG is proud to announce the release of a preview version of the Sweeper. Exploit its possibilities right away! In addition, we responded to industry leaders and added special tools for the design and analysis of 5G and of other wireless transmitters.
SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16.2 includes many novel features and improvements but also bug fixes, making your simulations once again even more effective. Feedback, as always, is greatly welcomed!
New Important Features to Increase Productivity
NEW: SHAPE ADAPTIVE SUBGRIDDING
- SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16.2 features a unique and new Adaptive Subgridding algorithm (w/ Acceleware) which - in a fully automated manner - places an optimum arrangement of individual subgrids around any solid/mesh/CAD model, allowing for highest effectiveness in local mesh refinement.
- The GPU empowered Adaptive Subgridding enables drastically reduced computational resources (orders of magnitude in terms of time and memory) for non-conformally aligned or thin structures.
- Using sophisticated CAD structure-aware algorithms, the user can leave the duty of placing a sequence of subgrids to the new algorithm while preserving the accuracy of the method.
- View demo video
NOVEL PARAMETRIZATION & SWEEPING ENGINE - STRIVING FOR THE BEST OPTIMIZER
- Acting as a foundation of the forthcoming multi-parameter optimizer (release in Q2/2017), SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16.2 already introduces a novel simulation engine capable of performing all the tasks related to a given project (model generation, simulation, and analysis) in an independent environment. This allows parameterization with maximal robustness, flexibility and memory efficiency, as well as execution across platforms and networks.
- The novel sweeper engine opens the door to full automation of complex workflows, with parallel or sequential execution from modeling to post-processing tasks - introducing a new paradigm that brings productivity to unprecedented levels.
- Simulation projects can be fully parametrized using variables and mathematical expressions throughout the framework (modeling, simulation, analysis).
- Fully configurable parameter sweeps are done in a top-down fashion, allowing the user to focus on how the analysis should be done, while delegating the number crunching and data management to the background engine.
- View demo video
New & Important Application-Specific Features
NEW, POWERFUL 5G SIMULATION TOOLBOX
- SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16.2 provides users with a unique and powerful toolbox to optimize and assess the performance of 5G solutions and demonstrate their compliance to international standards.
- New modeling tools help create CAD-models of complete phased arrays with a few mouse clicks and, thanks to innovative background logic, setting up FDTD simulations of phased arrays is now as simple as a drag-and-drop operation. Predefined phase/amplitude excitation patterns (e.g., Chebycheff weights) can be applied, making it easy to simulate phased array operating in various configurations.
- For frequencies between 3 - 300GHz, compliance to the IEEE C95.1a standard can be assessed using a novel Surface-Averaged Power Density evaluator.
- Furthermore, compatibility with state-of-the-art network design packages (AWR, Optenni, etc.) is empowered.
Improvements by User Requests (Selected)
FRAMEWORK & HPC
- Various productivity and framework enhancements (e.g., direct movie export for animated viewers, important Python scripting extensions, orbit & pane modes, and voxel view enhancements) facilitate the use of SEMCAD X Matterhorn.
- SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16.2 now fully supports the latest NVIDIA Pascal architecture for their Tesla and GTX/Titan series GPUs, allowing for e.g. simulation speeds of 20 GCells/s on a 8x TitanX system (CUDA & AXE solvers).
- To provide faster simulation times and with a focus on WPT applications, significant speed improvements (MPI based) have been realized in the LF-MQS solver in SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16.2..
- A new import capability in V16.2 enables direct import of SPEAG's DASY6 measurement data into SEMCAD X Matterhorn, allowing for full data processing/analysis in the postprocessor pipeline, e.g., for validation-related comparison of simulation and measurement data.
A more comprehensive list of improvements, fixes, and new features is included in the Release Notes.
If you are interested in experiencing the power and elegance of SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16.2 or require further information, please email us at email@example.com or call us at +41 44 245 9700.
The relevant SEMCAD X Matterhorn installers for Win7/Win8/8.1/Win10 64-bit platforms can be downloaded. For existing customers with an up-to-date annual maintenance and support plan, all pertinent information regarding the Software Installer Download and updated licenses will, of course, be individually provided.
SPEAG is dedicated to empowering our customers to reach new heights of productivity and scientific achievement by providing the most innovative software solutions, testing equipment, and support.
The SEMCAD X Matterhorn Team
Novel, unique Adaptive Subgridding (w/ Acceleware) in V16.2: Fully automatic CAD/mesh structure-aware subgrid placement allows for resource savings (simulation time, memory) of orders of magnitude (subgridded [blue] integrated antenna in fitness tracker mounted on ViP computable phantom).
Novel Parameter Sweep engine in SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16.2: Fully automated multi-parameter sweep and analysis of an industrial CAD phone-OTA configuration (1000s of CAD parts).
Powerful new 5G simulation toolbox in V16.2: Design, optimization and analysis of a quasi-Yagi phased array embedded within an MTE structure (placement, phase/amplitude excitation patterns, feeding, compliance).